Why I Love My Little Guy
Lacking any really funny parenting anecdotes over the past week, I’m a little short on inspiration for a good blog post. But every day my son says or does something to remind me how much I adore him. Here are a few examples:
1. This morning he spent over an hour drawing his interpretation of an Ewok family, despite never having seen Return of the Jedi. Eventually he got me involved, too:
2. When I took him to the pediatrician for his 4-year checkup and the doctor asked him what his favorite foods are, he replied “carrots, cucumber and avocados,” even though the truth is probably closer to pizza and cupcakes.
3. The other day, he patted my stomach (nice and flat, thanks to running and crunches) and said “Mommy, I love your fat belly.”
4. He prefers that the cat not watch him get dressed in the morning, but he thinks nothing of running naked into a room full of guests to announce that he just went poop on the potty.
5. He has adorable school crushes: “Mommy, I love Caroline because she never does any bad things to me, except try to hold my hand.”
6. When I scold him for doing something naughty, his lower lip trembles and huge tears well up in his eyes, which just makes me want to pick him up and cuddle him.